Monday, April 20, 2009

From Farmers to Vegans


So after finishing my assignment on dairy farmers it was on to an assignment for the Talisman about vegans at Western. Its kinda funny how those two overlapped. I was in a dairy barn working on the farmer story and my vegan contact calls me. I'm surrounded by cows and she starts telling me how I shouldn't eat meat or dairy. But I don't think she convinced me. But she did get me thinking. Especially when I saw how the cows get hooked up to machines and when I noticed just how unnatural a dairy cow looks.. 
But anyway, Summer Brown and her boyfriend are among some of the nicest people I've met. They let me right into the house, cooked me dinner and let me hang around for a fire afterward.


vegans drink from the carton too


They cooked a great vegan meal. I know it doesn't sound good but take my word for it, dairy-free cheese is delicious





Can't wait to go back and see what they have growing in their community vegetable garden. More vegans sure to come...

No comments: